Close Menu
Gun Day Fun DayGun Day Fun Day
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Firearms
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Gun Day Fun DayGun Day Fun Day
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Firearms
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Gun Day Fun DayGun Day Fun Day
Home»Latest News»Australia Hanukkah terror attack suspect seen for first time in prison
Latest News

Australia Hanukkah terror attack suspect seen for first time in prison

Sam DanielsBy Sam DanielsFebruary 16, 20262 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Australia Hanukkah terror attack suspect seen for first time in prison
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The man accused of carrying out a Hanukkah terror attack in Sydney, Australia, was seen publicly for the first time Monday, appearing by video link from Goulburn Supermax prison during a hearing at Downing Center Local Court.

7NewsAustralia reported that Naveed Akram, 24, spoke only briefly during the less than 10-minute hearing as a suppression order protecting the names of some victims was extended.

“Did you hear what just occurred?” Deputy Chief Magistrate Sharon Freund asked. “Yep,” Akram replied.

“Your solicitor will call you, OK?” Freund said.

FAMILIES MOURN LOVED ONES LOST IN BONDI BEACH TERROR ATTACK: ‘NO WORDS CAN DESCRIBE THE PAIN’

“Yeah,” responded the shooting suspect.

Akram has been charged with one count of committing a terrorist act, 15 counts of murder, 40 counts of attempted murder, and additional firearms and explosives offenses, according to the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions website. 

The most serious charges carry potential life imprisonment.

ISRAELI DIASPORA MINISTER SAYS AUSTRALIA SHOULD HAVE SEEN ‘WRITING ON THE WALL’ BEFORE TERROR ATTACK

Inset of three victims of the Bondi Beach attack with flowers, candles, and mourners in the background.

Akram’s lawyer, Ben Archbold, told reporters it was too early to indicate how his client would plead, according to 7NewsAustralia.

“There’s a client that needs to be represented. And we don’t let our personal view get in the way of our professional application,” Archbold said.

His next court appearance is scheduled for April 8.

Police officers stand near Bondi Beach as they secure the area following a deadly terrorist attack during the first night of Hanukkah.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The 24-year-old is accused of carrying out Australia’s deadliest terror attack targeting a Jewish “Hanukkah by the Sea” celebration at Bondi Beach in December. 

His father, Sajid Akram, 50, was shot and killed in a gun battle with police at the scene.

Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese described the Bondi attack as an “ISIS-inspired atrocity,” saying at a press conference at Parliament House in Canberra late last year that the government had been informed by the Office of National Intelligence of an ISIS online video feed reinforcing that assessment.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Related Posts

Two illegal aliens arrested in violent suburban home invasion involving sexual assault, kidnapping: police

February 16, 2026

Medical NGO that slammed Israel’s anti-terror raid now quits Gaza hospital over armed operatives

February 16, 2026

Pennsylvania man accused of stabbing 3-month-old baby after talking ‘sacrifice’

February 16, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest firearm news and updates directly to your inbox.

Editor's Picks

US Seizes Another Oil Tanker For Defying Its “Quarantine”

February 16, 2026

Medical NGO that slammed Israel’s anti-terror raid now quits Gaza hospital over armed operatives

February 16, 2026

Pennsylvania man accused of stabbing 3-month-old baby after talking ‘sacrifice’

February 16, 2026

Trump’s Board Of Peace Pledged Thousands Of Troops For Gaza Deployment

February 16, 2026
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
© 2026 Gun Day Fun Day. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.